- Upon receipt of the email, the Safe Harbour Coordination Team will reach out to
the caseworker/supervisor within 24 hours.
- The Safe Harbour Coordination Team will discuss with the worker: basic information of the
child and the reason for Safe Harbour referral. The discussion will include what are and could
be some of the possible outcomes.
- The Safe Harbour Case Manager will schedule and conduct a screening within 48 hours.
- CPS/CS worker will document the outcome of the interview in the case record.
- If not a Safe Harbour case, follow up referrals, etc. will be provided to the client by the worker.
- Closing of Safe Harbour to be documented in the case record.
- Worker to notify Director of outcome of the case.
***When an agency other than Schenectady County DSS or Safe Inc. of Schenectady
has identified a potential Safe Harbour case, they will inform their organization, and follow
the same guidelines.